In The Legal Profession course students will read and listen to material about topics related to the legal profession of lawyers and learn how to:
– speak about your profession and the type of work you carry out,
– define the areas of law that you practice,
– explain how civil procedure works in your country and in the US,
– talk about how courts in the US work,
– and a lot more!
Students will also talk about these topics in the forums with other students and the teacher. Students will also be required to prepare some written assignments (emails or memos).
This course is 100% online. Access to the platform is 24/7. Each week students have two multimedia lessons which come with interactive exercises and forums to interact with the teacher and other students about what they learn. Forum interaction is crucial to develop social skills and learn how to communicate with others in an academic environment. All students will meet at the end of the course in one synchronous class via Zoom.
- Students: Lawyers and law students
- English level required: from intermediate to advanced
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Classes: via LEI platform. Starts October 3, 2022
- Course Type: Online