Reading and drafting contracts in English can be hard for non-English speaking lawyers. The objective of this Contracts course is that students acquire the appropriate language to improve their reading and writing skills in English.
In the Contracts course, students will
– read and listen to how contracts are formed under Common Law.
– learn about standard contract provisions and compare them with similar clauses in their own countries.
– delve into the language of contracts by learning the specific vocabulary of this area and the legal jargon of contracts.
– continue improving their writing skills by participating in the forums to discuss some fictitious cases with the other students and the teacher.
– and a lot more!
Students will also be required to prepare some written assignments (emails or memos).
This course is 100% online. Access to the platform is 24/7. Each week students have two multimedia lessons which come with interactive exercises and forums to interact with the teacher and other students about what they learn. Forum interaction is crucial to develop social skills and learn how to communicate with others in an academic environment. All students will meet at the end of the course in one synchronous class via Zoom.
- Students: Lawyers and law students
- English level required: Lawyers and law students
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Classes: via LEI platform. Starts in November 29, 2022
- Course Type: Online